Why is Facebook Verification Important for Your Business?
In this day and age, most people go straight to Facebook to tell their story. Whether it be a newfound relationship or job, to a simple post of a picture. Just like a personal account, a business can utilize Facebook in order to achieve the same result by expressing its story and relaying information. A major difference between personal and business accounts would be the fact that you can verify a professional page. In the past, it’s likely you’ve experienced a Facebook friend who has created a second account. How do you know that the account is genuinely run by that individual or an imposter? Businesses have the same issue, but luckily the simple grant of one of Facebook’s two different checkmark variations can eliminate this problem.
Facebook can verify your company’s page by using a blue or gray checkmark depending on how strong its following is. Most of the time a blue checkmark signifies that the page belongs to a major public figure or global brand. The blue checkmark is very hard to achieve, requiring proof to Facebook that you have enough followers and reason for an advanced verification. More likely, your business will be given the gray checkmark although both signify an authentic page for your company.
The following are additional benefits that a Facebook verification can provide for your business:
- Higher ranking when searched for.
- Increased potential for engagement and reach.
- Eliminates confusion and builds trust in your brand.
- Users will know they are getting updates from a trusted source.
- A fake page can hurt your company’s digital image by posting inappropriate content or offensive messages. By achieving a verified status, your business eliminates that threat.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR BUSINESS PAGE ON FACEBOOK:
- First, make sure there is a physical address tied to your business Facebook account.
- Next, click on settings located at the top right corner of your business page.
- Make sure the tab on the left is on general and then click on page verification to the right.
- Next, you will want to click on verify this page and then get started.
- Next, you will enter a publicly listed phone number, your country, and your language preferences.
- Once you’ve entered the information above click “Call Me Now”. This allows Facebook to call you using your company number to verify that you belong to the business in question. They will provide you with a 4-digit verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit code provided into Facebook and press continue.
- Congratulations! Assuming your business met Facebook’s requirements, you should now be verified!
If you attempted to verify your business Facebook page just now, I sincerely hope it went smoothly. Comment below if you run into any trouble or have suggestions for future readers. As always, I appreciate the fact that you’re still with me and took the time to read this week’s blog post. Let us know if you have any suggestions for future blog topics or would just like to chat, we at Rezz Tech would love to hear from you. Have an awesome Wednesday and we will have fresh new blog content for you next week!